Our mission is to impart authentic spiritual practices and yogic wisdom to yoga teachers around the world. Our method of instruction is based on the ancient Indian Gurukula (disciplic succession) system. Our curriculum is structured and inspired by the teachings of the father of Modern Yoga, Sri Krishnamacharya. This Course has been designed to address the needs of yoga teachers and practitioners, based on the level and stage of their progress on the path of Yoga
“Jnani, Mouni, Jitatmavan”
A real teacher is one “who is learned, who reflects and who has self-control”
Sage Nathamuni in Yoga Rahasya
Becoming a Successful Yoga Teacher
- Build confidence by mastering the practices, pre-requisites, methodology and techniques of yoga and the true spirit behind the practices
- Become well-versed in the Philosophy of Yoga, Ayurveda and Vedanta
- Become proficient in classical yoga of Krishnamacharya, a highly respected tradition of yoga around the world.
- Develop deeper understanding of Anatomy, Biomechanics and Physiology
- Design practices based on the needs of the student
- Learn the basics of intonated recitation of Sanskrit sutras
The 100-hour Classical Yoga Teacher (CYT100) Training is inspired by traditional classical yoga of Sri Krishnamacharya and made suitable for modern yoga teachers to learn, practice and then take it to their students. It is a tailor-made course certified by Yogrishi Sai Foundation.
All courses at the Foundation are composed of techniques and practices that have been handed down through authentic lineage, and can be traced back to yogic texts. In line with this, the Classical Yoga Teacher Training has been designed in accordance with teachings of Sri Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar.
The CYT100 will empower yoga teachers with the techniques and philosophy of Krishnamacharya Yoga. You will learn how to customize the practice to suit your needs and build skills to modify it to meet the individual needs of your students. The 100-hour course will contain practice and theory sessions with the emphasis on mastering the traditional classical yoga of Sri Krishnamacharya.
“The Moment I say I’m a Yogi—I’m not a Yogi’
A. Theory and Practice:
- Techniques of Asana
- Techniques of Pranayama and Bandhas
- Techniques of Meditation
- Modification and Intensification of Asana and Pranayama
- Stick Diagrams
- Anatomy, Biomechanics and Physiology
- Key parameters
- Key concepts of Yoga Philosophy
- Introduction to Vedic Culture
- Intonated Recitation of Sanskrit Sutras
C. Teaching Methodology:
- Vinyasa Krama
- Essential teaching skills
- Ahimsa and other ethical principles
D. Course Planning:
- Areas of work
- Pratikriyasana (Counter postures)
- Appropriate rest
- Sequencing and progression of postures
E. Yogic Diet
- Integrating Yamas with food choices
- Mat to Plate – Expand your practice
- Impact of food on Gunas
F. Non-contact hours:
Non-contact hours include observation of classes of senior teachers and teaching practice in the Classical Tradition
How you progress during the course
- Immersion into the unique techniques of the world-renowned lineage
- Deeper understanding of important concepts of Yoga Sutra and learning to recite the sutras with intonations as taught by Sri Krishnamacharya
- Evolution of personal practice
Certificate by Yogrishi Sai Foundation
- 18 years and above
- Motivated to spend 8 hours on weekends for learning and enhancing teaching skills
|CYT100 – Live Zoom interactive sessions on Weekends|
Start Date and Time (TBC)
|USD 275 (Early bird offer – first ten registrations will get a USD 75 waiver)|
Hurry Up! To Register/Enquire More:
WhatsApp: +91 9686861764
WhatsApp: +965 99729076
Yogrishi Sai is an accomplished Yoga Scholar-Teacher belonging to the lineage of legendary yoga guru Sri Krishnamacharya. He is the founder and principal teacher of HOJO Yoga, a reputed and thriving holistic centre in Bangalore and Yogrishi Sai Foundation, an emerging yoga teacher training academy and therapy centre. He holds a Masters Degree in Yoga Therapy from world-renowned Swami Vivekananda Yoga University. He is a professional member of Indian Yoga Association (IYA) recognised by AYUSH Ministry of India. Click on www.yogrishisai.com to know more.
Yogsadhak Roopesh is an authority in Restorative and Movement Medicine with over two decades of International experience. As a certified Classical Yoga Teacher, he co-founded Tone Wellness Solutions, a renowned yoga therapy center based in India. He holds a Masters Degree in Physiotherapy and a Fellowship in Sports Sciences. He also holds a Masters Degree in Yoga therapy from the world-renowned Swami Vivekananda Yoga University. Roopesh combines his expertise as a medical practitioner with the ancient holistic practice of Yoga while teaching yoga teachers and practitioners.
Yogini Nidhi Sharma is a Hatha yoga teacher from the world-renowned Sri Krishnamacharya tradition and a certified health, wellness and nutrition coach. She has been empowering her students to transform their lives through Asana, Pranayama, Ahara Niyama (whole-food and plant-based diet) and Dhyana. For Nidhi, food is not just about proteins, carbs and fats, rather, it’s a medium to connect with the Supreme. She applies her knowledge of yoga and food science to curate meals that heal using whole-foods minus diary products, oil, preservatives and artificial flavors.